The following materials include information on general hand safety, ergonomics, and choosing hand tools. The materials are designed for use by workers, employers and instructors, and include items to use on the job and during skills training programs.
- "Choose Hand Safety: Employer Training Guide for Preventing Hand Injuries and Disorders" – CPWR
- "Easy Ergonomics: A Guide to Selecting Non-Powered Hand Tools" – CAL/OSHA, NIOSH and CDC
- "Training Guide – Hand Tools"; "Herramientas de Mano - Guia de Capacitation" (Spanish) – Labor Occupational Health Program, University of California Berkeley
- "Hand and Power Tools – Construction Safety and Health Outreach Program" – OSHA
- "Hand Tool Safety" – Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation
- "General Instructions for Conducting Tool Box Talks" – CPWR – to be used by employers, foreman, and others presenting Choose Hand Safety tool box talks:
- "Ergonomics in Construction" – CPWR based on information developed by Washington University School of Medicine, Occupational Safety and Health Research
- "Protect Your Hands" – CPWR
- "Selecting Hand Tools" – CPWR
- "Vibration" – CPWR
- "Vibración" (Spanish)
- Exercises to Strengthen Key Muscles (Source: Kaiser Permanente):
- "Hazard Alert – Hand Tools: Tips to Choose and Use Them Safely" – CPWR
- Fact Sheets – CPWR:
- "What to Consider When Choosing Trowels"
- "What to Consider When Choosing Flat Trowels & Floats"
- "What to Consider When Choosing Hammers & Mallets"
- "What to Consider When Choosing Chisels & Brick Sets"
- "What to Consider When Choosing Brushes"
- "What to Consider When Choosing Tile Nippers & Other Two Handle Tools"
- "What to Consider When Choosing Jointers, Ornamental & Other Narrow Handle Tools"
- "Ergonomics Awareness: For Employees and Supervisors" – Washington State Department of Labor & Industries
- "Dr. Ergo" – Washington State Department of Labor & Industries