Additional Glove & Chemical Resources
The "Find Examples of Gloves for Commonly Use Products" section contains examples of commonly used products, their chemical content, and appropriate gloves. Other sections of this site include information on how to use a product's Safety Data Sheet to find its chemical content. This section provides links to other glove and chemical resources available online, including databases that allow you to search on a specific chemical to find the appropriate gloves.
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards - "a source of general industrial hygiene information on several hundred chemicals/classes for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals."
- OSHA – Transitioning to Safer Chemicals: Toolkit for Employers and Workers – an online resource designed to provide "employers and workers with information, methods, tools, and guidance on using informed substitution in the workplace."
- IRSST – Protective Gloves Selection Guide - this website provides an interactive database that allows searches by glove model and mechanical resistance (waterproof, chemical resistant, price, cut/puncture/tear levels).
- Office of Environment, Health & Safety, University of California, Berkeley - Glove Selection Guide - although focused on laboratory staff, this checklist provides information applicable to other types of workers, including construction. The checklist includes information on types of gloves and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Ansell SpecWare online chemical hand protection - Chemical Application and Recommendation Guide
- ChemRest - "a comprehensive Chemical Resistant Glove Directory powered by Showa Best Glove." Users can search by chemical name, etc.
- Ansell Chemical Resistance Guide – Permeation & Degradation Data, 8th Edition
- Showa Best Guide to Chemical Resistance - Includes information on gloves and breakthrough times by chemical.
- Work Gloves 101; Superior Glove Works Ltd. - general glove selection information for the construction industry.
- Argonne National Laboratory – Glove Section Guidelines
- All Safety Products, Inc. – Gloves and Hand Protection
- Duke University, Trinity College of Arts & Sciences – The Right Glove for the Right Job - contains information on glove degradation and permeation.